Thursday brought an end to a few sunny days in Alpe d'Huez and the cloud cover built as the day went on. It started snowing at around lunchtime on Thursday, although the snow was accompanied by some high winds and last night's floodlit skiing on the Signal piste was cancelled as a consequence.
Although only light the snow lasted into the evening, around 5cm fell in resort with 10cm to 15cm falling on the upper slopes. This morning, yesterday's cloud has been replaced by sunshine.
The fresh snow and winds have brought about an increase in the avalanche risk, up to 3/5. Thankfully, the winds are due to drop off today down to around 5km/h. Perfect as the uber-busy UK school half-term gets underway this weekend.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Alpe d'Huez
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Alpe d'Huez
- Around a metre of fresh snow in Alpe d'Huez
- A week of epic skiing & DJs in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 6th March 2020