After a couple of light snowfalls on Saturday night into Sunday, and again on Monday into Tuesday, when around 10cm fell in total, it started snowing again yesterday.
Heavy clouds built as the day went as it started snowing mid-evening and it gradually got heavier. So far, around 12-15cm has fallen at resort level (1850m) with around 35cm on the upper slopes. A further 5 to 10cm are forecast for today.
Snow has fallen down to around 1100m, so all the pistes in the ski area have received some fresh snow. A bit more snow is forecast for Thursday and Saturday (10cm in total) after which it looks like a return to the sunshine.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Safety measures in Alpe d'Huez winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Alpe d'Huez from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Safety measures in Alpe d'Huez for summer 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Alpe d'Huez
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020