What started as light snow at around 07:00 yesterday (Tuesday) gradually got heavier as the day went on and the snow continued well into the night. Around 12cm fell at 1500 metres with around 20cm at resort level (1850 metres) and 30cm up on the higher slopes.
The snow was accompanied by high winds which brought some disruption although they have thankfully started to drop off now. Avalanche risk remains high at 4/5 and care should be taken while the pisteurs make the ski area safe.
It looks like a return to the sunshine for the next few days, which will be great as resort gets into full February swing.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Alpe d'Huez
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Alpe d'Huez
- Around a metre of fresh snow in Alpe d'Huez
- A week of epic skiing & DJs in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 6th March 2020