Conditions are great on the slopes of Alpe d'Huez after a very snowy week. The snow started falling last Saturday evening into Sunday when around 7cm fell in resort (15cm on higher slopes) and this was just the start of things. Monday into Tuesday saw a whooping 45cm fall in resort (55cm higher up) and then a further 10cm fell on Wednesday into Thursday.
More snow fell throughout Thursday, when around 20cm accumulated on the lower slopes, and we now have well over 220cm of snow on the lower slopes and nearly 350cm on the higher slopes. Avalanche risk has obviously risen as a consequence of the near 1 metre of fresh snow this week so care should be taken.
Next week's weather looks a bit more settled and perfect for enjoying the fresh snow.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Alpe d'Huez
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Alpe d'Huez
- Around a metre of fresh snow in Alpe d'Huez
- A week of epic skiing & DJs in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 6th March 2020