It's been snowing pretty much the whole week in Alpe d'Huez. Last night, the snow limit dropped even lower covering not only the mountains but also the town with a fresh, fluffy blanket of snow.
Around 5cm to 10cm of snow has fallen at resort level with 15cm on the pistes and over 25cm on the summit of Pic Blanc (3300m). More snow will come next Sunday and Monday, with some forecasts estimating that we'll get up to 60cm of fresh snow in the next 10 days.
These first snowfalls will create a solid base for what we hope will be another fantastic season in Alpe d'Huez. Lifts are scheduled to open in just three weeks, on Saturday, November 30th. Time to book your ski trip to Alpe d'Huez!
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Alpe d'Huez from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Safety measures in Alpe d'Huez for summer 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Alpe d'Huez
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Alpe d'Huez