It's been snowing pretty much all of November on the slopes of Alpe d'Huez. This preseason gift from the skies has made the snow cover on the pistes deep enough for an early opening of the Alpe d'Huez ski area.
Pistes are ready and lifts will start transporting skiers and snowboarders up the mountain on the weekend of November 23rd and 24th 2019. Five lifts will be open: Signal, DMC 1 & 2, Rif Nel Express and Lièvre Blanc. These will provide access to 12 pistes.
Discounted ski passes will be available at the Bergers and Rond Point des Pistes ski pass offices, costing only €25 for the whole day. Bon ski !
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Alpe d'Huez
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Alpe d'Huez
- Around a metre of fresh snow in Alpe d'Huez
- A week of epic skiing & DJs in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 6th March 2020