You've made up your mind – you want to come to Alpe d'Huez on your next ski holiday. As you start researching your trip, you find out that there’s more than one town in the area and that they all offer a great selection of chalets, apartments and hotels. Accommodation is one of the biggest expenses when booking a trip so you want to make sure that you’ve chosen where you’re going to stay carefully. Worry not, we’re here to help!
A former mountain pasture located in the Grandes Rousses massif, Alpe d'Huez is just one of the resorts in the larger Grande Domaine ski area, one of the most popular destinations in Europe thanks to its almost 250km of pistes drenched in sunlight. At the heart of the ski area sits the resort of Alpe d'Huez, at an altitude of 1860m but there are many more towns and villages in the area, all of them connected to the ski slopes thanks to a vast network of lifts.
- 5 things to consider before deciding where to stay in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez: The heart of the action
- Huez Village: A traditional Alpine town
- Vaujany: An idyllic spot
- Oz en Oisans: A modern purpose-built resort
- Auris en Oisans: A small family-friendly ski resort
- Villard Reculas: A haven of peaceful chalets
- Luxury hot spots in Alpe d'Huez
- Romantic corners in Alpe d'Huez
- Group-friendly towns in Alpe d'Huez
- Family accommodation in Alpe d'Huez
- Cheap accommodation in Alpe d'Huez
- Ski-in & ski-out accommodation in Alpe d'Huez
- Cycling hot spots in Alpe d'Huez
- Camping & glamping in Alpe d'Huez
- More inspiration...