The town of Vaujany, set at 1250m, is typically Alpine in its character and architecture. Located above the reservoir at Allemont up a fairly steep climb, Vaujany offers stunning views of the local area. The town is set on one side of a valley. The newer larger hotels have been designed and built in a way to integrate beautifully with the original alpine architecture of the town.
The main market town of the Oisans region Bourg d’Oisans, is a 25 minute (14km) drive away. Being the main town ‘Bourg’ offers a wide array of shops, bars and restaurants. It has a large supermarket with parking (ideal for stocking up!). Petrol stations, banks, post office, pharmacies, medical centre, bus terminus, builder’s merchants, churches, riverside walks, cycle hire, swimming pool, tennis courts, Osteopaths (the list goes on!) can all be found in this quaint typically alpine mountain town.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Alpe d'Huez opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Hot hotels in Alpe d'Huez this winter
- Safety measures in Alpe d'Huez winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Alpe d'Huez from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020