Holidaymakers heading for Alpe d'Huez this February will have a new option for getting to resort from Grenoble, as ride share and taxi app Uber have launched their brand new service, UberSki.
Available on the Uber app, you can request your transport from Grenoble train station to one of six ski resorts for a flat fee. The ski resort are Alpe d’Huez, Les Deux Alpes, Chamrousse, Les Sept Laux, Villard-de-Lans and L’Alpe du Grand Serre. The service will be available from February 9th to March 10th to facilitate French and UK half-term.
Similar bespoke services from Uber include UberBOAT, allowing you to move between the Croatian islands in style, and UberCOPTER, through which you to book helicopter rides around the the Cote d'Azure during high tourist seasons, such as during the Cannes Film Festival.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Alpe d'Huez
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Alpe d'Huez
- Around a metre of fresh snow in Alpe d'Huez
- A week of epic skiing & DJs in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 6th March 2020