Yesterday evening, the French government announced further measures to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, including the closure of non-essential public spaces. This affects Alpe d'Huez and all the other ski areas in the country, where leisure facilities will shut on March 15th 2020.
Alpe d'Huez will reopen for the summer season in only three months. Summer is a wonderful time to come to the Alps, as there are plenty of things to do here. The green, blossoming Alpine meadows and high snow-capped peaks are the ideal spots to practise mountain biking, hiking, climbing and mountaineering, or just to relax and enjoy the fresh air.
We'll see you in the summer!
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Alpe d'Huez opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Hot hotels in Alpe d'Huez this winter
- Safety measures in Alpe d'Huez winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Alpe d'Huez from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020