The French government has decided to cancel all large gatherings in the country to contain the spread of the Coronavirus, especially those attracting people from different nationalities. Unfortunately, this decision has impacted Alpe d'Huez's biggest event of the year, Tomorrowland Winter.
However, the Alpe d'Huez Grand Domaine ski area will remain open, as will its restaurants, bars and, of course, lifts and pistes just like all the other ski areas in the French Alps.
Tomorrowland Winter ticket holders will be contacted individually by email and through their Tomorrowland account with further instructions. The festival was scheduled to take place from March 14th to 21st.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Alpe d'Huez
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Alpe d'Huez
- Around a metre of fresh snow in Alpe d'Huez
- A week of epic skiing & DJs in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 6th March 2020