Followers of our dump alert service will be aware that we had some very late season snow here in resort at the end of last week. Around 10cm fell in resort with nearer 20cm up on the hill and this provided a great little top-up to see the season out.
As was normal for the last week of the season, some of the satellite areas of the ski area had closed, leaving Alpe d’Huez as the main focal point of the action. High winds caused the closure of most of the higher slopes and pistes last Wednesday although, thankfully, the winds did drop off by Friday allowing a final blast on the last few days of the season before the lifts finally closed on Saturday evening.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Alpe d'Huez
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Introducing Huski - A meal delivery company in Alpe d'Huez
- Around a metre of fresh snow in Alpe d'Huez
- A week of epic skiing & DJs in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 6th March 2020